Our Next Concert:
- The Hamilton Gay Men’s Chorus presents Manly Men, Saturday, June 15, 2013, 7:30pm, First Unitarian Church of Hamilton (170 Dundurn Street South). Tickets are $25 (cash only) at the door (advance ticket orders are now closed).
See Concerts and Tickets for further details.
Thanks for visiting our website. On this page you can read more about why we exist, who we are, and various ways to get involved with us. Then you may wish to:
- read the latest news,
- learn about upcoming (or past) concerts and performances, and purchase tickets,
- contact us or explore links to other groups and associations, or
- sign up for an audition.
Enjoy exploring our site!
Why we exist: The Hamilton Gay Men’s Chorus has two main goals. First, we want to bring men of all levels of musical experience together with the common goal of creating vocal music in a safe, supportive, and fun atmosphere. Second, we want to reach out to the LGBTQ community and beyond, to encourage, challenge, and instruct through our performances.
Who we are: The HGMC is the creative dream of Lorne Gretsinger and Michael Wilmot, with support from a growing group of other talented and enthusiastic friends. Lorne draws on a lifetime of vocal and theatrical experience, including 15 years singing with gay men’s choruses (seven years with Forte–the Toronto Men’s Chorus, and eight years with the Buffalo Gay Men’s Chorus); in addition, he has served in various administrative capacities with both groups, and also draws on his experience as an educator. Michael has extensive experience on stage as a performer and singer, and off stage as an accompanist for choirs, choruses, and community theatre groups.
Our current Board of Directors (as of October 17, 2012) consists of the following individuals:
- President: Lorne Gretsinger
- Vice-Presidents: Robert Feeney, Michael Wilmot
- Secretary: Steven Hernden
- Directors at Large: Paul Hawkins, Myke Hutchings, Mike Majcher
- Treasurer (ex officio): Mike Durkacz
Ways to get involved:
- Sing! Auditions are open to all men (gay, bi, trans, and ally) 19 years of age or older who are interested in making choral music in a wide variety of styles (broadway, contemporary, classical, and more). Visit our Auditions page for more information.
- Support! Non-singing members and volunteers (of any gender identification) can help with advertising and promotion, administrative tasks, ticket sales, ushering, staffing information and merchandise tables, and more. Are you a musician? We may also, from time to time, need additional instruments for concerts and other performances. Please complete the HGMC Singer / Supporter Questionnaire to let us know how you could support us in our musical and community-building goals.
- Enjoy! Attend our events, performances and concerts, and bring your friends and family. Keep an eye on the Concerts and Tickets page for dates and venues.
(All questionnaire responses are private and are for the use of the chorus administrative team only.)
How to contact us: Please direct specific questions to email@example.com.