Tickets are now on sale for The Boys Do Broadway, to be presented in Hamilton on Saturday, May 31, and in St. Catharines on Sunday, June 1, 2014.
Thanks to all of our supporters for making Of the Heart…A Valentine’s Cabaret a resounding success! Thank you especially to those who helped with our fundraising efforts by purchasing cupcakes, 50/50 tickets, and silent auction items.
Visit Concerts and Tickets for subscriptions, tickets, and upcoming events.
Thank you for visiting our website. On this page you can read more about why we exist, who we are, and various ways to get involved with us. Then you may wish to:
- read the latest news,
- learn about upcoming (or past) concerts and performances, and purchase tickets,
- contact us or explore links to other groups and associations, or
- sign up for an audition.
Enjoy exploring our site!
Why we exist:
The Hamilton Gay Men’s Chorus has two main goals. First, we want to bring men of all levels of musical experience together with the common goal of creating vocal music in a safe, supportive, and fun atmosphere. Second, we want to reach out to the LGBTQ community and beyond, to encourage, challenge, and instruct through our performances.
Who we are:
The HGMC is the creative dream of Lorne Gretsinger and Michael Wilmot, with support from a growing group of other talented and enthusiastic friends. Lorne draws on a lifetime of vocal and theatrical experience, including 15 years singing with gay men’s choruses (seven years with Forte–the Toronto Men’s Chorus, and eight years with the Buffalo Gay Men’s Chorus); in addition, he has served in various administrative capacities with both groups, and also draws on his experience as an educator. Michael has extensive experience on stage as a performer and singer, and off stage as an accompanist for choirs, choruses, and community theatre groups.
Our current Board of Directors (as of October 27, 2013) consists of the following individuals:
- President: Lorne Gretsinger
- Vice-Presidents: Mike Majcher, Michael Wilmot
- Secretary: Robert Feeney
- Directors at Large: Roy Dahl, Rich Folts, Paul Hawkins
- Treasurer (ex officio): Mike Durkacz
Ways to get involved:
- Sing! Auditions are open to all men (gay, bi, trans, and ally) 19 years of age or older who are interested in making choral music in a wide variety of styles (broadway, contemporary, classical, and more). Visit our Auditions page for more information.
- Non-singing members and volunteers (of any gender identification) can help with advertising and promotion, administrative tasks, ticket sales, ushering, staffing information and merchandise tables, and more. Are you a musician? We may also, from time to time, need additional instruments for concerts and other performances. Please complete the HGMC Singer / Supporter Questionnaire to let us know how you could support us in our musical and community-building goals.
- Support us financially by advertising in our programmes or by making a donation to our work (not yet tax-receiptable, but we are working toward that goal). Visit the Support Us! page for more options.
- Enjoy! Attend our events, performances and concerts, and bring your friends and family. Keep an eye on the Concerts and Tickets page for dates and venues.
(All questionnaire responses are private and are for the use of the chorus administrative team only.)
How to contact us: Please use our feedback form to send us a specific question.