Concerts and Cabarets
Here you can take a walk down memory lane and revisit our past concerts and cabarets. Click on a concert’s poster to find out more about that event.
Besides our concerts and cabarets, the Hamilton Gay Men’s Chorus also performed at events in the community. Here is a list of some of our public performances.
- Saturday, December 5, 2015: Skyway Connection Chorus holiday concert, Stoney Creek United Church (1 King St W, Stoney Creek), 7:00 PM. The HGMC performed as guests of the Skyway Connection Chorus.
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015: World AIDS Day Vigil, Christ’s Church Cathedral (252 James St N, Hamilton), 7:00 pm. The HGMC performed for the fourth time at this annual observance of World AIDS Day.
- Monday, November 16, 2015: The HGMC performed a private concert at Dundurn Place Care Centre. The evening included of a selection of songs from our upcoming holiday concert Simple Gifts.
- Sunday, June 21, 2015: The HGMC performed at Pride at the Pier, the culmination of Hamilton Pride Week 2015. We also had an information table on site all afternoon (11:00 am to 6:00 pm). Best of luck to those who entered the contest for tickets to our holiday show this fall! Some Chorus members also attended the Pride Rally at Hamilton City Hall earlier in the day, and led a mini-parade, behind the HGMC banner, down James Street North to the Pride at the Pier celebrations!
- Saturday, June 20, 2015: The HGMC performed “Light A Candle”, written and conducted by our music director John-Luke Addison, for the opening of the LGBTQ+ Symposium held at the Crowne Plaza Hamilton Hotel & Conference Centre.
- Friday, June 5 and Sunday, June 7, 2015: The HGMC performed two numbers as guests of the Harlequin Singers in their concert Broadway Then & Now, which was held in the Studio Theatre at Theatre Aquarius (190 King William Street, Hamilton).
- Sunday, January 25 and Saturday, January 31, 2015: The HGMC were the special guests of Rainbow Chorus of Waterloo-Wellington at their concert series It Takes A Village: Building Community Through Song. On January 25th at 2:00 pm, the choruses performed at Knox Presbyterian Church in Waterloo (50 Erb Street West), and on January 31st at 7:30 pm, the concert was repeated at Harcourt Memorial United Church in Guelph (87 Dean Avenue). Audiences enjoyed a variety of wonderful music in a fun spirit of community. For more information about Rainbow Chorus, visit rainbowchorus.ca.
- Monday, December 1, 2014: World AIDS Day Vigil, Christ’s Church Cathedral (252 James Street North, Hamilton), 7:00 pm. The HGMC participated for the third time in this moving annual observance to remember those who have died and to show our support for those still living with this disease. Read more.
- Sunday, June 15, 2014: Pride Service, First Unitarian Church of Hamilton (10:30 am). The HGMC sang during this annual celebration of Pride in Hamilton.
- Friday, May 16 to Monday, May 19, 2014: Participation in the Unison Festival 2014 in Ottawa. This was our first opportunity to perform at the national level with other queer, gay and lesbian choruses from across Canada! We received a standing ovation, and represented Hamilton well with our programme “You Can Do Anything In Hamilton”.
- Wednesday, Aprils 23, 2014: Singing Saved My Life: Donald McCullough’s Holocaust Cantata (8:00 pm): The HGMC participated in this “act of remembrance with songs from the camps and other works”. Presented by Experia Music.
- Friday, December 20, 2013: PFLAG Niagara Winter Solstice Service, Unitarian Congregation of Niagara (223 Church Street, St. Catharines), 7:00 pm. In addition to two numbers by the HGMC, this annual event featured seasonal readings and songs, Aboriginal drumming, and presentations by four guests who spoke to the theme of acceptance.
- Friday, December 13, 2013: Caroling at the James Street North Art Crawl.
- Friday, December 6, 2013: Caroling in the International Village BIA. We even sang a couple of impromptu carols with Mayor Bob Bratina and his wife!
- Monday, December 2, 2013: World AIDS Day Vigil, Christ’s Church Cathedral (252 James Street North, Hamilton), 7:00 pm. Once again the HGMC participated in this moving annual observance to remember those who have died and to show our support for those still living with this disease.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013: The HGMC and Hamilton Theatre Inc. joined forces to present a fundraiser to benefit The AIDS Network. This event featured the HGMC in Act I, singing selections from their upcoming concert series Sing in the Season as well as past favourites. In Act II, the audience enjoyed the cast of HTI’s current production, Falsettos, performing the second act of their show.
- Friday, October 4, 2013: The HGMC performed at the wedding of our music director, Mrs. Tania Sheeler (née Vroenhoven). Congratulations Tania and Matt; we wish you much health, prosperity, and happiness!
- Sunday, June 23, 2013: The HGMC performed at the annual Pride service at the First Unitarian Church of Hamilton (10:30 am).
- Saturday, June 8, 2013: The HGMC performed at the Pride in the Park Festival, Montebello Park, St. Catharines. The event was organized by Pride Niagara.
- Saturday, June 1, 2013: The HGMC performed several numbers before and during the wedding service of one of our own members. Congratulations TM and LS!
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013: The HGMC shared the stage with the Hamilton Police Female Choir at their spring concert, Linden Park Community Church (Hamilton), 7:30 pm.
- Saturday, March 9, 2013: Brock Pride conference, Brock University (St. Catharines), 12:00 pm
- Friday, December 21, 2012: Winter Solstice Service, Unitarian Congregation of Niagara (223 Church Street, St. Catharines), 7:00 pm
- Monday, December 3, 2012: World AIDS Day Vigil, Christ’s Church Cathedral (252 James Street North, Hamilton), 7:30 pm